Quantcast

webcam program

Mike-606
Hi,

I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
a webcam using 'libusb'?

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: webcam program

Daniel Drake-2
Michael Williamson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
> a webcam using 'libusb'?

I was once prototyping some code for the GL260 webcam at
git://projects.reactivated.net/~dsd/gl860.git

It was against an alpha version of libusb-1.0 and never completed, but
it might answer some of your questions.

Daniel

Re: webcam program

Gerard Klaver
On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 01:41 +0000, Michael Williamson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
> a webcam using 'libusb'?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike
>
> -

Some start could be using xcam and a sane backend (for your webcam),
depends on your wishes.

See this page for some information
http://gkall.hobby.nl/stv680-aiptek.html

--
--------
m.vr.gr.

Re: webcam program

Roland Koebler
hi,

> I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
> a webcam using 'libusb'?
yes, I recently wrote a driver for a camera using libusb-1.0.
it works perfectly.

regards,
Roland

Re: webcam program

Mike-606
Can I see your program?

Thanks,
-Mike

On 4/3/09, Roland Koebler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
>> I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
>> a webcam using 'libusb'?
> yes, I recently wrote a driver for a camera using libusb-1.0.
> it works perfectly.
>
> regards,
> Roland

Re: webcam program

Roland Koebler
hi,

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 02:36:20PM +0000, Michael Williamson wrote:
> Can I see your program?
No, it's not (yet?) open-source. But it also wouldn't make much sense,
since the program is very specific to the used camera. If you want to
write a libusb-webcam-driver, you first have to know the exact
USB-commands of the camera -- without these you won't have any chance,
and these commands are unfortunately different for every camera.
As soon as you have these commands, using them with libusb is quite
straightforward (e.g. by using libusb_control_transfer for configuration
and libusb_fill_bulk_transfer/libusb_submit_transfer/libusb_handle_events
for retrieving images). But make sure to use libusb-1.0 and not
libusb-0.1.

regards,
Roland

Re: webcam program

Gerard Klaver
On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 01:41 +0000, Michael Williamson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
> a webcam using 'libusb'?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike

For some parts you can take a look at how gphoto uses libusb to get
information from camera's, for example the stv680 camlib.

Another way is how SANE uses libusb (with sanei_usb) to interface usb
devices, see for example the stv680 backend.

--
--------
m.vr.gr.

Re: webcam program

Lei Chen-6
Michael Williamson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question. Does anyone have a program for operating
> a webcam using 'libusb'?

If you happen to have a try of OpenUSB, you can find a webcam program at
http://dev4usb.netbeans.org/source/browse/dev4usb/samples/webeye/webeye_video/.
It's used to drive the OV511/OV511+ based webcams.

Regards,
Lei Chen

> Thanks,
> -Mike

Re: webcam program

weavebytes
Dear All,

I am using libusb on windows.

I am able to read data from USB mouse.

Now I am trying to capture a still image from Bufflao and Microsoft web cameras,

Can anybody guide me how to proceed.

I tried send some control commands to setup web cams but getting error -116 or -5.

Is there any way of getting USB commands for controlling these web cams.

Best Regards,
wb