Quantcast

32 & 64 bit version of SnoopyPro

Graeme Gill
A little while ago I hacked up SnoopyPro to run on both 32 & 64 bit systems.
I've since had at least one person ask me about it, so here it is:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/SnoopyProSrc-0.26g.zip>,
<http://www.argyllcms.com/SnoopyProExe-0.26g.zip>.
I've not tested it extensively, so I won't guarantee it works, but it
should be worth trying.

To run it on a 64 bit Vista or Win7 machine, you need to boot while
pressing F8, and then continue with the option that allows you to run
unsigned drivers. Then run SnoopyPro as administrator.
It can be a bit flaky, and can sometimes take multiple attempts to get
it all working. Sometimes the order seems to matter (ie. of installing
the Snoopy bridge, enabling snooping of the particular device, and actually
plugging the device in.)

Graeme Gill.

Re: 32 & 64 bit version of SnoopyPro

Xiaofan Chen
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Graeme Gill <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A little while ago I hacked up SnoopyPro to run on both 32 & 64 bit systems.
> I've since had at least one person ask me about it, so here it is:
> <http://www.argyllcms.com/SnoopyProSrc-0.26g.zip>,
> <http://www.argyllcms.com/SnoopyProExe-0.26g.zip>.
> I've not tested it extensively, so I won't guarantee it works, but it
> should be worth trying.
>
> To run it on a 64 bit Vista or Win7 machine, you need to boot while
> pressing F8, and then continue with the option that allows you to run
> unsigned drivers. Then run SnoopyPro as administrator.
> It can be a bit flaky, and can sometimes take multiple attempts to get
> it all working. Sometimes the order seems to matter (ie. of installing
> the Snoopy bridge, enabling snooping of the particular device, and actually
> plugging the device in.)

Thanks for the sharing. I am not so sure if it is worth to sign
the driver with a valid digital signature so that you do not need to
use F8. If you think it is useful, we can look into it.

--
Xiaofan